Same Day Approval With Premier Title Loans.
Learn about the title loan lending requirements before you apply for a loan!
CAR TITLE LOAN REQUIREMENTS TO KNOW
Do you know exactly what you need to get approved for a car title loan? Be sure to read and review the current lending requirements to ensure you'll have no trouble qualifying for a title loan!
Title Loan Requirements – What A Lender Needs
– A clear vehicle title: To qualify for an auto title loan, you must provide a vehicle with a clean title. That means there can be no liens or other loans against the car.
– Proof of ownership: You’ll need to provide proof that you own the car outright. This is often in the form of a car title that shows you as the sole owner.
– A steady source of income: Most title loan providers will want to see that you have a consistent monthly income and can make payments and not default.
-Proof of identity: As with any other short term loan, you must verify your identity and personal information.
We will get into other secondary documents and paperwork that may be required. Still, the four items listed above will be needed with nearly every title loan company you apply with. There may be situations where you borrow a low amount of cash or still owe a bit of money to the original lender, but those are outliers. Most online title loans will require proof of ownership equity, identity, and income, and once you provide proof of meeting those four requirements, you will be well on your way to getting approved!
Documents & Paperwork Required For A Car Title Loan
Once you know what’s required for title loans online, the next step is to determine exactly what documents are needed. Let’s break down the documents most licensed lenders want to see.
– Vehicle Title Paperwork: Your car’s title must list you as the current owner, and there can’t be any lienholders on the pink slip.
– Proof of income: We can verify income through bank statements or pay stubs from your employer. That way, we know you can afford the monthly payments.
– Insurance information: Some lenders will ask to confirm current vehicle insurance coverage, with payment going to them if the car is damaged or wrecked.
– Vehicle Registration: You must provide documents from the DMV showing your car is registered for the current year.
Applying For A Car Title Loan – How To Get Started
Find a local title loan provider – For example, Premier Title Loans can connect you with a company that offers fast funding in most states with the option to get cash in person or send it straight by ACH to your checking account.
Gather your documents – As discussed in the title loan requirements section, you’ll need some essential documentation when you start the online application process.
Loan underwriting & processing – The last step is underwriting, where the lender reviews your file to ensure everything lines up, and you meet their title loan qualifications.
What Else To Know About The Essential Title Loan Requirements
As mentioned above, the main requirements for online title loans consist of an applicant proving vehicle ownership, equity, identity, and income. Those main requirements are important because title loan lenders use them to assess applicants’ ability to repay the amount they are asking for. Here are some other things title loan applicants should know when reviewing the title loan requirements:
– The vehicle title must be in your possession, and you must hand over the pink slip to the lender.
– Your lender must be added as a lienholder on your car’s title.
– Most auto title loans are issued for 4 months to 3 years.
– Your vehicle can be repossessed and sold by your lender if you default on the loan.
– Title loans have high finance rates. So you should consider the requirements and decide what’s best for your financial situation.